1. Perform continuous movements with the same leg to add more intensity.
2. Push your arms in front of you to engage upper body muscles.
3. Add a jump with each donkey kick to add an aerobic effect.
4. Perform jumping crunches with both legs together, then alternate your legs as you kick back.
5. Reverse the movement. Start with a donkey kickback and then crunch.
This movement is a combination of two exercises: standing crunches and standing donkey kicks.
Stand straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Put your hands down by your sides in a neutral position. Relax your shoulders and open your hands. Water depth should be at about your chest level.
While standing, first do a crunch by bending one knee up to your chest level. Then kick the same leg back as you lean forward, and bring your arms in front of you to achieve proper balance. Repeat the same movement with your other leg.
Inhale as you bring your leg down. Exhale as you crunch and kick.
Your abdominal and gluteal muscles are the primary movers. Your quadriceps, deltoid and upper back muscles are also engaged
This is a great exercise combination that helps strengthen your core and leg muscles. It is easy to perform and does not require much effort. Because the movement is performed while standing, it is excellent for those who are not comfortable with deep water workouts.
Copyright ©Aqua-Exercises.com 2014 all rights reserved