1. Place your hands on a wall for balance.
2. Instead of rotating your upper body opposite to the rotation of hips, move your upper body in the same direction as the rotation of hips.
3. Perform the exercise with the arms raised, in which case the exercise will require more of your core and upper back muscles.
4. Squat as you land on each side for a more explosive jump.
5. Use aqua dumbbells or pool noodles for more resistance.
This exercise works your entire body to improve your posture. In addition to strengthening your core muscles, it will also improve your balance, coordination and correct bad posture. This exercise also help burn fat.
Stand up straight with your feet shoulder-width apart. Put your hands down by your sides in a neutral position. Relax your shoulders and open your hands. Water depth should be at about your chest level.
Jump sideways as far as you can. As you jump, twist your upper body, rotating your torso opposite to the side you’re jumping. Repeat on the other side. This is an aerobic exercise so perform quick jumps to elevate your heart rate.
Jump once as you inhale and once as you exhale.
The muscles that rotate your upper body are the obliques and hip flexors. When you jump side to side, your core muscles will have to stabilize your body. Your back, shoulder and front thighs also assist in this movement.
Jumping Twists is a fun aerobic exercise that engages your entire body. It is perfect for all ages, but especially for those who are looking for a simple and effective exercise to lose weight in the pool. In this article, I’ll show you how to do a jumping twist. I’ll also share with you the benefits of doing this exercise.
Copyright ©Aqua-Exercises.com 2014 all rights reserved